Teachers Camp is located in a large campus-like environment east of downtown Baguio along Leonard Wood Road. The camp is a training center for teachers from all over the country who come to Baguio during the summer time to enroll in special courses in education. Within the camp are classrooms, dormitories, cottages, dining areas, administrative offices, and assembly halls for different activities that are held there. It has its own athletic oval where national athletes who compete in Olympic events are trained. Teachers Camp first came into being as the vacation normal school in 1908. It was Governor William Pack who outlined a plan to set up a camp in Baguio to accommodate teachers. The plan was approved on January 8, 1908 and the camp was opened on April 6, 1908. During the early days of its inception, only tents were set up to accommodate the classrooms, dining and storage facilities, and a kitchen. It was only a few years later when additional funds were allocated to construct a mess hall, a social center, and the access roads and pathways connecting the different buildings and facilities within the camp. The cottages for the secretary and under secretary of education as well as the camp director's cottage were constructed in 1912. In the following years there were more appropriations alloted for the development of Teachers Camp which resulted in the construction of Benitez Hall, Ladies Hall, Teacher's Hall, Tavera Hall, and the White Hall.